Thursday, February 15, 2018

Standing on the Promises of God

Standing on the Promises of God 

God has been taking me to some new places over the last few months. He is stretching me and teaching me and most importantly guiding me. I have been on this walk with Him, totally sold out for about 15 years now. Even after all this time He continues to amaze me and I realize I still have so much to learn!

Something I have not really done until this year was praying thru the scriptures, specifically praying thru the promises of God. That has been the word He gave me for 2018 "PROMISES!"

I love love love that scripture confirms that God keeps His promises. 2 Corinthians 1:20 AMPC For as many as are the promises of God, they all find their Yes [answer] in Him [Christ]. For this reason we also utter the Amen (so be it) to God through Him [in His Person and by His agency] to the glory of God.

As we walk with God we will find ourselves at times in a place where we begin to wonder if God really does keep His promises. We begin to question whether or not we have ever really heard His call or voice. We begin to doubt that we are even walking on the right path. For me when I finally gave my life over completely to God I told myself whatever happens from here on out I am all in. When the storms come, when the trials and temptations come my way, quitting will not be an option,

I think of my relationship with God like a marriage. That no matter how my life currently looks or how unhappy I find myself at times that no matter what I have to choose to believe He loves me, I have to choose to believe to remain steadfast in Him, I have to choose to believe HE will do as He says and will work all things together for my good [Romans 8:28]. I will be the first to say that it takes serious dedication and commitment to follow hard after Him. You will walk thru places where the enemy will try to turn things around, think about it. Even Jesus walked thru the desert places and satan tried to tempt him. I mean if the enemy can taunt Jesus, why do we think he wont taunt us too?! It was hard walk that Jesus walked, BUT GOD. God has a greater purpose in store and if you are doing what you are called to do the enemy is going to come at you a thousand different ways to tilt the course you are on.

That my friends is why we have to remember that no matter what we made a commitment for the long haul. Yes times will get tough and times will get hard and there will be times we feel we can't even hear God's voice let alone feel His presence, but He promises us that He will never leave us, nor forsake us [Hebrews 13:5]. Deuteronomy 31:6 also talks about not being afraid, but to be strong that God will not leave you. But I think it isn't just about the hard times, God promises us that there is GOOD things that come to those who seek after Him. We can stand on the goodness of God! We can proclaim and declare and decree that we are children of the most High God and that He wont let us down.

I have no idea where this blog came from today except that I guess for me it's being raw with all of you. That I too have found myself in those places where I felt God wasn't hearing my voice or that for some reason He had abandoned me. BUT I know that the God I serve and love has a relentless love for me too. That He loved us so much that He sent Jesus to fulfill once and for all the wages of our sins. Be encouraged today that no matter where you are in your walk with God. That HE KEEPS HIS PROMISES, HE LOVES YOU! He desires to know you not because He is an all knowing God, I mean because we all know He already knows everything about you, BUT something happens when we allow ourselves to open up to God. To share with Him the deepest parts of ourselves. Something happens in US when we allow ourselves to become truly raw and undone in His presence. He desires for you to know that you can call on and He will answer. He desires to hear our heartbeat and for us to know His.

My prayer for all of you today is that you keep pressing in, no matter where you are in your walk with God. Perhaps you don't even have a relationship with Him or your not sure about any of this really, know that I am always here to listen and more importantly when you open up yourself to Him in that quiet place He will answer.

Listed below are a few of the scriptures that I have been praying thru and some might say okay Jessica but how exactly do you pray thru a scripture ahaha. That is the easy part you literally would say something as simple as: God, you promised us in Deuteronomy 31:6 that you will never leave me, nor forsake me. Your Word says that I can be strong and courageous because you go before me. Help me to rest in that promise today. That I am not alone and You are here with me and Your going to lead and guide me. Strengthen me today that I can stand in with boldness. I thank you that at times I am feeling alone I know you are near. Thank you for loving me enough to not leave me the same person I was yesterday, but that you are stretching me and strengthening me for your greater glory. During this season in my life please bring those around me that can encourage me in my walk with you. Thank you for your grace! Amen.

It's that simple my friends! Just speak from your heart and allow God to move you in your times of prayers and more importantly allow Him to refresh you. I love you my friends and family and pray God does a miraculous work in your life and in that of your families,

With Love


Jessica

Psalm 37:4-5 New International Version (NIV)
Take delight in the Lord,
    and he will give you the desires of your heart.
    trust in him and he will do this:


Psalm 50:15 New International Version (NIV)
    I will deliver you, and you will honor me.”


Isaiah 41:10 New International Version (NIV)
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.


John 14:21 English Standard Version (ESV)


Commit your way to the Lord;

15 and call on me in the day of trouble;

10 So do not fear, for I am with you;


21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”







No comments:

Post a Comment