Thursday, April 5, 2018

Finding Peace in the Storm

Finding Peace in the Storm

Tonight I keep thinking about the vision God showed me while I was at Valiant Ministries recently. I am reminded that in the midst of the storm God is in control. For those who may not have read my previous post I will recap a little bit of what I saw so you have a better idea of where I am going with this.

While worshiping with my friend Maija we were in a time of soaking worship and God showed me a vision. In this vision there was a man on a boat in the middle of this vast ocean completely isolated and in the midst of a severe storm. I remember noticing that it was dark and the waves were turbulent and winds relentless and the storm was raging. I looked around and wondered to myself what on earth was this man doing "resting" against the back of this ship!? I looked to see who was steering the ship and there was no one else there. I looked to see who was handling the sails and again no one was there.

This man was just laying back against the back of the boat completely content on what was happening around him. He was admiring this massive storm! The boat would sail this way and that way and ride out every wave. The guy was totally getting drenched.

I thought maybe he was insane or secretly wanting to die ha-ha. I am dead serious I mean WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would just ride out a massive storm right?! Anyways some time passed and I could see the light begin to shine and the storm broke and the man and ship were unharmed. It was like a serious moment of download for me.

I felt as though God was saying the storm will come, it will even rage, but if you just "lean" into me and allow me to steer the ship you will come out unharmed. That is the awesome thing about serving a living God. We have the ability to call out to the maker of the storm and if we just submit to Him our lives, trusting in His Word and His promises we will come out of the storm.

Your breakthrough will come, stand steadfast and even though you may at times feel the wind or the rain know that You serve the rain maker and He will guide you thru the storm. Press in to His presence, Press in to His Word and REST in Him. While going thru a storm it's not always easy to give up "control" but who better to guide you through the waves? Who better to understand where you are headed or what you are going thru? What will you gain from worrying about your next move? What will you gain from worrying that your ship will be destroyed by what's coming? We need to learn to lean in and wait for our break in the storm.

Praying for you my friends that whatever your storm may look like that you can find that secret place of resting in His presence. God desires that we know Him more and learn to trust Him in the storm.

Blessings

Jessica xo



 Here are a few of my all-time favorite scriptures to meditate on during your storm! 

Isaiah 12:2  “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.”

Romans 5:1  Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ

Philippians 4:6-7  do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Matthew 11:28-30  Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

John 14:27  Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”


Numbers 6:25-26 the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.













No comments:

Post a Comment